Who is hiring
The Luxembourg Media & Digital Design Centre (LMDDC) is an Economic Interest Group (EIG) created by the Ministry of Education, childhood and youth (MENEJ); the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR); and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) with the aim of supporting Luxembourg's digital education, learning and training actors in designing and deploying advanced digital learning technologies. To achieve its mission, it puts together the whole learning and training Luxembourg ecosystem encompassing EdTEch providers, Creative Industries and educational content providers, public and private upskilling, reskilling, learning and training organisations, decision-makers and researchers to make design, implementation and deployment of digital learning tools and content a realty for all learners.
The missions of the LMDDC consist in:
- Proposing, operating, hosting and developing digital platform(s) covering the whole value chain of digital learning and training.
- Designing and producing innovative digital media and advanced content that can be used in the context of digital learning and training.
- Providing strategic and technical advisory and assistance to support innovation and digital transition of the learning and training ecosystem.
- Performing technological and economic intelligence activities in the field of digital learning in order to anticipate future innovations together with dissemination activities.
Under the supervision of the Multimedia Design Manager, the main tasks for this position are the following:
- Meeting with stakeholders to determine the project scope.
- Conducting research on media techniques and design ideas.
- Designing and developing 360 images and 3D visual content for VR, AR, XR and video games.
- Video editing and compositing, creating digital visual effects, and motion graphics.
- Designing and producing attractive multimedia content.
You demonstrate successful experience in one or more of the following areas:
- A complete portfolio of multimedia design content showcasing your skills and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- In-depth knowledge of 3D modelling programs, and game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- Ability to collaborate on long-term projects.
- Excellent knowledge of storyboarding, visual design principals, and animation.
- Artistic with a keen eye for aesthetics and visually appealing content.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
In order to carry out the various tasks, the key skills for success are:
- You have a sound knowledge of technologies and processes for the production and distribution of interactive 3D multimedia content.
- You have an overall knowledge of technologies potentially useful for the creation of digital content for online and in-situ learning (AR/VR/XR, games).
- You are familiar with agile project management methods.
- You are creative and open minded.
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and expanding your expertise into unfamiliar domains.
- You are a good communicator, both written and oral.
- You demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork.
- An attractive salary.
- The opportunity to participate to the creation of a brand new organisation, in a creative and proactive atmosphere, where innovation is central.
- 32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, statutory health insurance and access to meal vouchers.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, digital design, film, or a related field or equivalent experience in fields related to multimedia design and production.
Fluency in French or German, and English is required. Fluency in Luxembourgish is an asset.
Only complete applications will be considered and should be sent by post or email (with the subject "LMDDC/application" followed by the job title) to:
Luxembourg Media and Digital Design Centre GIE
5, avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux
- The selection criteria will be based on the suitability of the candidates' skills and expertise and the job description detailed above.
- We are an equal opportunities employer. Therefore, recruitment will be based on experience and assessment of each candidate's skills regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, philosophical affiliation, skin colour or ethnic origin.
- An atypical and diversified professional background should not be considered as an obstacle to the application. Demonstrating curiosity, openness and learning ability is certainly an asset.
- We care about and respect the confidentiality of the applications submitted, in accordance with the legal framework for data protection.