Who is hiring
The Luxembourg Media & Digital Design Centre (LMDDC) is an Economic Interest Group (EIG) created by the Ministry of Education, childhood and youth (MENEJ); the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR); and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) with the aim of supporting Luxembourg's digital education, learning and training actors in designing and deploying advanced digital learning technologies. To achieve its mission, it puts together the whole learning and training Luxembourg ecosystem encompassing EdTEch providers, Creative Industries and educational content providers, public and private upskilling, reskilling, learning and training organisations, decision-makers and researchers to make design, implementation and deployment of digital learning tools and content a realty for all learners.
The missions of the LMDDC consist in:
- Proposing, operating, hosting and developing digital platform(s) covering the whole value chain of digital learning and training.
- Designing and producing innovative digital media and advanced content that can be used in the context of digital learning and training.
- Providing strategic and technical advisory and assistance to support innovation and digital transition of the learning and training ecosystem.
- Performing technological and economic intelligence activities in the field of digital learning in order to anticipate future innovations together with dissemination activities.
To achieve its missions, the LMDDC is setting an IT platform infrastructure to host and deliver on-line digital learning services, and a Studio delivering full fledge learning media design, prototyping and piloting services as well as hands-on knowledge dissemination workshops.
Under the supervision of the Platform Manager, the main tasks for this position are the following:
- Collect briefs user requirements and evaluate them, with the help of project managers, platform and studio team.
- Create and maintain Designs and User Interfaces for our projects (internal and external) while respecting the industry standards in usability and accessibility.
- Prototype UI concepts for various media (web, mobile apps, games, VR and AR) in accordance with the expected outcomes, and the graphical guidelines provided by our partners.
- Conduct user experience research to identify, resolve UX issues, iterate and improve our designs and usability continuously.
You demonstrate successful experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Implementing unique design for different fields for example: responsive Web based application, CMS templates (Wordpress, Prestashop, Drupal, Ghost), LMS templates (Moodle), video games, VR/AR Graphical User Interfaces.
- UI/UX Prototyping (Figma, InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc).
- Conducting or participating in user or A/B testing to iteratively improve your designs and the user experience.
In order to carry out the various tasks, the key skills for success are:
- Mastery in design software such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma or equivalents.
- Solid portfolio showcasing your designs and work for cross-media designs.
- Knowledge of accessibility and usability standards.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excited and curious about learning new technologies and sharing ideas.
- An attractive salary.
- The opportunity to participate to the creation of a brand new organisation, in a creative and proactive atmosphere, where innovation is central.
- 32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, statutory health insurance and access to meal vouchers.
You have at least 6 years of experience in one or more equivalent position and/or a Bachelor in the relevant field.
Fluency in German or French and English. Mastery of Luxembourgish is an asset.
Only complete applications will be considered and should be sent by post or email (with the subject "LMDDC/application" followed by the job title) to:
Luxembourg Media and Digital Design Centre GIE
5, avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux
- The selection criteria will be based on the suitability of the candidates' skills and expertise and the job description detailed above.
- We are an equal opportunities employer. Therefore, recruitment will be based on experience and assessment of each candidate's skills regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, philosophical affiliation, skin colour or ethnic origin.
- An atypical and diversified professional background should not be considered as an obstacle to the application. Demonstrating curiosity, openness and learning ability is certainly an asset.
- We care about and respect the confidentiality of the applications submitted, in accordance with the legal framework for data protection.