Who is hiring
The Luxembourg Media & Digital Design Centre (LMDDC) is an Economic Interest Group (EIG) created by the Ministry of Education, childhood and youth (MENEJ); the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR); and the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) with the aim of supporting Luxembourg's digital education, learning and training actors in designing and deploying advanced digital learning technologies. To achieve its mission, it puts together the whole learning and training Luxembourg ecosystem encompassing EdTEch providers, Creative Industries and educational content providers, public and private upskilling, reskilling, learning and training organisations, decision-makers and researchers to make design, implementation and deployment of digital learning tools and content a realty for all learners.
The missions of the LMDDC consist in:
- Proposing, operating, hosting and developing digital platform(s) covering the whole value chain of digital learning and training.
- Designing and producing innovative digital media and advanced content that can be used in the context of digital learning and training.
- Providing strategic and technical advisory and assistance to support innovation and digital transition of the learning and training ecosystem.
- Performing technological and economic intelligence activities in the field of digital learning in order to anticipate future innovations together with dissemination activities.
To achieve its missions, the LMDDC is setting an IT platform infrastructure to host and deliver on-line digital learning services, and a Studio delivering full fledge learning media design, prototyping and piloting services as well as hands-on knowledge dissemination workshops.
Under the supervision of the Project and Partnership Manager and in close collaboration with the whole LMDDC team, the main tasks for this position are the following:
- Work with LMDDC partners to delineate learning objectives and select relevant digital technologies for their learners.
- Arrange design thinking and creative workshops to help understanding their pedagogical and technological needs.
- Collaborate with the technology and design teams, helping them developing an extensive variety of educational technology tools and platforms, including Learning Management Systems (LMS), authoring tools, and multimedia tools such as images, videos, games, and VR/AR applications that are grounded in educational science.
- Combine learning theories, such as behaviorism, cognitivism, and constructivism with the newest educational technology solutions.
- Help partner organisations with training goals to create effective learning experiences that are tailored to the needs of the audience.
- Design and implement digital learning instrument evaluation protocols.
- Perform active technology intelligence/research that is appropriate for our audience and in line with the LMDDC core missions and maintain the knowledge base on innovative technologies applied to education.
- Produce and edit high-level written materials for publication and dissemination purposes.
- Animate hands on workshops from a user perspective with stakeholders.
You demonstrate successful experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrate at least 3 years experience in instructional design, educational technology and/or related fields. Experience in instructional technology, computer science, and software engineering is also highly valued.
- Solid foundation in instructional design principles and methodologies, educational science, and standards.
- Demonstrate professional or non-professional experience (association, clubs, art...) in communicating publicly.
- Proven experience as an editor, journalist, writer, researcher, innovation officer in the field or any other relevant field(s) that we would love to hear about.
In order to carry out the various tasks, the key skills for success are:
- Deep knowledge and interest in both instructional design, educational technology, and learning theories.
- Enjoy discovering new technologies (software, hardware) and connect them to the relevant pedagogical needs.
- Able to communicate technical/complex ideas in a concise, catchy, playful and interesting manner with a wide range of stakeholders, including subject matter experts, project managers, and learners.
- Excellent editorial skills.
- Able to evaluate the effectiveness of learning experiences, using both formative and summative evaluation methods. This skill will help them refine their instructional materials and ensure that they are meeting both the pedagogical and technological requirements.
- A technical background would be preferable but is not essential, as long as the candidate can demonstrate his/her interest, curiosity and enthusiasm for technology.
- Enjoy to play around with new technologies (software, hardware) and prepare fancy demos.
- All-round team player, open-minded, friendly, willing to learn, and able to work in a dynamic, fast-growing, international environment.
- An attractive salary.
- The opportunity to participate to the creation of a brand new organisation, in a creative and proactive atmosphere, where innovation is central.
- 32 days paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, flexible working hours, statutory health insurance and access to meal vouchers.
A Master degree or equivalent experience in instructional design, educational technology, instructional technology, computer science with Educational Technology focus, or related fields.
Fluency in German or French and English. Mastery of Luxembourgish together with both German and French is a very strong asset.
Only complete applications will be considered and should be sent by post or email (with the subject "LMDDC/application" followed by the job title) to:
Luxembourg Media and Digital Design Centre GIE
5, avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux
- The selection criteria will be based on the suitability of the candidates' skills and expertise and the job description detailed above.
- We are an equal opportunities employer. Therefore, recruitment will be based on experience and assessment of each candidate's skills regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religion, philosophical affiliation, skin colour or ethnic origin.
- An atypical and diversified professional background should not be considered as an obstacle to the application. Demonstrating curiosity, openness and learning ability is certainly an asset.
- We care about and respect the confidentiality of the applications submitted, in accordance with the legal framework for data protection.